Boston College continues to prepare for the upcoming season, and the bookmakers are starting to set their odds. Today www.SportsBettingDime.com released a series of odds for all ACC teams.
As you can see below, the bookmakers are not viewing Boston College favorably. These are all based on an eleven game season.
1. Over/Under Wins 3.5
2. Odds to Win the Conference 300/1
3. Odds to play in the Conference Championship Game 99/1
4. Over/Under Average Home Attendance 4,999
5. David Bailey, Jr Over/Under Rushing Yards: 1,025.5
6. Hunter Long Over/Under Receiving Yards: 489.5
7. Phil Jurkovec Over/Under Passing Yards: 2,059.5
8. Phil Jurkovec Over/Under Passing TDs: 18.5
9. Over/Under PPG allowed in first year under Jeff Hafley: 29.8
At first glance the player numbers all stick out to me. If Jurkovec was only to throw for 2,059 yards, that would mean he is averaging 187 yards per game. That seems